Getting a virus on a laptop is a nightmare. This is because viruses can infect the laptop’s operating system, delete important data on the laptop, and other problems. To this end, on this occasion we want to share information about the most effective way to remove viruses on laptops.
The most common cause of virus infection is when you are browsing the Internet or carelessly disconnecting the flash drive. This is usually a traffic virus that infects your laptop.
So far, different types of viruses have been found that infect most laptops, including:
Spyware is a virus that can install itself on laptop devices without prior notice. This program can take steps to change the configuration of the laptop or collect personal information. Isn’t that very dangerous?
Worms are viruses that can spread quickly without the need for user interaction. In some cases, most of these viruses come from infections that come from sending email attachments from someone. When the attachment is executed, this is where the Worm virus spreads quickly.
The virus may be quite familiar to laptop or computer users, as it is highly prevalent. Trojan virus is a virus that has a special ability to hide itself in other applications of laptop devices. Just like the two viruses above, this virus can be infected without full notification and interaction by the user.
After learning about some of the most common types of viruses that often infect laptops or computers. Below we will fully explain how to clean the virus on the laptop. Listen to the end, brother
How to get rid of the virus on the laptop
If you already know the correct steps to remove and clean the virus on your laptop. This should not be too difficult. Here are some steps you can take to begin the process.
1. How to remove the virus on the laptop using antivirus
Maybe all laptop users know that the easiest way to get rid of a virus infection on a laptop is to use an antivirus. Since you only need to install the antivirus software, you can immediately use it to clean the rogue viruses that have infected your laptop.
There are currently several brands of antivirus on the market. In principle, antivirus is just as good and has several advantages and disadvantages of the brand. One of the antivirus brands that we often encounter is Windows Defender, Smadav, Avira, Avast, AVG, etc.
The good thing is that when you install an antivirus, it is when a virus infiltrates and starts attacking your laptop. Usually the antivirus detects it quickly. This will minimize the damage caused by the antivirus.
Do you want to enable the default antivirus on your laptop? Try reading this guide: How to enable Windows Defender
Oh yes, if you are lazy in installing antivirus for various reasons. You may be able to try the following method by removing the virus without any additional programs.
2. Use the Command Prompt
You can use Command Prompt to get rid of viruses on your laptop. Here are some steps you can take to begin the process.
- The first step is to click start And type cmd. Then right-click to run as administrator Run as administrator.
- For example, this is the goal Drive EThen type dir E: -s -h / s / d Then press enter. Check if you want Drive Other than E, you just have to replace Teacher E with the place you want to go sooner.
- The Command Prompt will then be checked Drive Which is selected and loads all drive files. If you can not, try to pay attention again to what you typed, whether it is punctuation or space.
- Then, you can search for files that you think are external because you have not already installed them in the format. EXE. If you find it, please delete the file.
- If it cannot be removed, you can search through REGEDIT. How to click Start> Run> Regedit> Edit> Find> Enter the name of the virus file you found in the Command Prompt and delete them all Register That exists.
For those of you who have problems with your laptop and need to troubleshoot, try our guide here: How to enter Windows 10 safe mode
3. Turn off suspicious services through the Task Manager
The third step you can take to get rid of your laptop’s viruses is to use Task Manager. Here are the steps.
- Open Task Manager by pressing the button CTRL + SHIFT + ESCAPE. Look carefully, if there is a suspicious service, just turn it off.
- Then, run Msconfig.
- After you entered me System configurationYou can enter the options menu Service. You must remove all suspicious ticks.
- The next step is to go to Options Startup. Here you can see the already suspicious file. You can mark the suspicious file.
- The last step to go to Command line, Then look for the name of the file you marked as a suspicious file. Then delete Command lineHow to remove it is the same as described above.
4. Partition formatting
The next step in cleaning laptops in Windows 7, 8 and 10 is to format the partitions that you think are infected with the virus. This method is considered very dangerous and does not guarantee because it can delete all available data and for your analysis it is possible that the partition is infected with a virus. For those who have continued to use this method, try to read about it How to recover deleted files on laptop.
However, you can try this method considering that the virus you are facing is hidden in a flash memory, memory card or external hard drive.
The last step we recommend to remove the viruses on the laptop is to reinstall. Yes, you can reinstall if your laptop’s infection is so severe that it can not properly deal with the method described above.
Before reinstalling, make sure that you first back up any important files or data so that no important files or data are lost during the reinstallation process.
This is information on how to get rid of the virus in the laptop version of Teknobaik.com. You can try some of the ways we described above and hopefully the virus that infects your laptop will soon take root.