It turns out that there is a lot of information on how to increase the speed of the Internet connection for laptop and computer users. Especially for those who rely on an ultra-fast internet connection to help with their work.
This is actually natural, given this vast geographical location. Fast internet access is still a dream for many people. Maybe if the center of a big city in Indonesia, internet connection is very good because it is supported by sufficient infrastructure. However, in the suburbs or even in villages where internet connections fluctuate, the story is very different.
To that end, Teknobaik wants to provide information on how to speed up internet connections on laptops and computers.
How to speed up internet connection on laptop / computer
Below are some options that you can use to speed up your internet connection on your laptop and computer. You can choose the option that is most convenient and tailored to your needs. Check out our description below.
1. Change Internet bandwidth settings
operating system Windows is equipped with various features, one of which is Internet bandwidth settings. Internet bandwidth is the range of frequencies used by signals for data transmission purposes.
In general, the default settings on your laptop are only about 20%. Well, to maximize it, use a larger amount of bandwidth by changing the settings Computer configuration. Here are the steps:
- Open the app Run Click the button Windows logo And buttons R Simultaneously on the keyboard
- After the advent Pop-up runplease type gpedit.msc Then click on the provided column Good.
- Then double click on it Computer Configuration> Office Templates> Network> Qos Packed Schedule.
- Then click on the menu Limit renewable bandwidth And select Menu Activate. Then on Bandwidth limit Change to 0. Then click Good.
- The last step is to make you happy Restart the laptop You.
Meanwhile, the related guide How to speed up Windows 10. Let it be more Osh!
2. Change DNS on laptop / computer
To speed up your next internet connection is to change the old DNS settings on your laptop. Do you know DNS? DNS stands for Domain name system To search for names on laptops / computers that use TCP / IP network features (Transfer control protocol / Internet protocol).
You can change the DNS configuration to open DNS, or you can use Google DNS. From multiple sources, this method can increase the speed of Internet connection by up to 20%. Wow, this is so fast! You can follow the steps below for more details.
- Please go to the section Control Panel> Network & Internet> Network & Sharing Center.
- Then click WiFi connection Connected to your laptop.
- On Wi-Fi statusYou can click Properties.
- Then click on it Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)Then click Properties.
- Then in the tab GeneralBe sure to check Use the following DNS server addresses. Then change the DNS, Preferred DNS server: 18.104.22.168 And Alternate DNS server: 22.214.171.124
- The last step is clicking Good And please restart your laptop.
If you want to use Google DNS, you just have to change the DNS. Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199 And Replacement DNS server: 188.8.131.52
3. Enable DNS cache
The next step to speed up your internet connection is to enable DNS Cache. Here are the steps.
- open PadThen copy the code below.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache\Parameters] “CacheHashTableBucketSize” = dword: 00000001 “CacheHashTableSize” = dword: 00000180 “MaxCacheEntryTtlLimit” = dword: 0000fa00 “MaxSOACacheEntryTtlLimit0” = d1:
- Save the code by name in Notepad dnscache.reg
- To enable DNS Cache, double-click the dnscache.reg file and open it each time you browse the Internet to speed up your Internet connection.
Do you want to delete some programs to speed up your internet connection? Please read: How to delete apps on laptop
4. Choose a quality provider
Even though you have run the above three methods, you choose a provider that is not of high quality and often crashes. Of course, it will not get the maximum result. To do this, choose a provider that has proven to be reliable and competent in providing an Internet network in the area where you live.
Also, do not be tempted by cheap prices and crazy ads, because the relatively expensive price is certainly comparable to the quality of the Internet connection provided by the provider. agree on?
5. Browser upgrade
Of course, upgrading the browser to the latest version can speed up your internet connection on PCs and laptops, as applications that are not regularly updated experience a reduction in performance, which can affect the speed of your internet connection.
In addition, the latest version of the browser will usually have the latest features to speed up your internet connection. For that, please check your laptop and PC browser, if it has not been upgraded to the latest version, please upgrade it first.
6. Laptop hardware upgrades
In addition to updating software such as browsers, you can also upgrade your hardware to speed up your Internet connection. Hardware performance gets longer, of course, decreases, so to increase it you need to improve performance.
If the devices you are using, such as RAM, CPU, and hard disk, have low capacity, this will affect the speed of your Internet connection. To do this, you need to replace or upgrade the hardware so that you can improve your internet connection. For those of you who want to check the specifications of your laptop, please read on How to check the specifications of the laptop
This information is about how to increase the internet connection on laptops and computers. I hope this information can be useful to you and you are successful. Thank you!